Leadership Texarkana is Currently Accepting Applications for the 2017-2018 LT Class
The flagship program of Leadership Texarkana for 38 years, the annual Leadership Texarkana Class provides community leadership challenge for the advancement of our community and of all participants.
The Leadership Texarkana Class:
- Connects and equips a selected group of thirty individuals from all backgrounds, professional levels, and sectors (public, private and non-profit) for community leadership.
- Provides nine-months of training in leadership perspectives and understanding of critical issues in the development and growth of all areas of our community, including economic development, industry, health care, education, politics, and quality of life initiatives.
- Brings to bear the time, wisdom and resources of well over one hundred community leaders in issue-based educational sessions, providing a backstage pass into our region, invaluable to natives and newcomers alike. The program kicks-off September 14-15 with an overnight retreat, followed by monthly day-long sessions the second Tuesdays of each month from October through April; (the first week of March)
- Each participant is challenged to personalize the opportunity for providing meaningful community leadership, and for stepping up as citizens of influence in his/her community sphere.
- Best leadership and personal development value around – for the advancement of our community and each participant.
The first class of Leadership Texarkana was held in 1979-1980; the program has graduated an average of 25 leaders for each of the past 38 years, with over 800 local graduates represented in leadership positions throughout our region.
Application Deadline for 2017-2018 LT Class is midnight June 23, 2016. Applications and answers to questions are available on-line at LeadershipTexarkana.com.
Those interested in learning more about the Leadership Texarkana class experience are invited to visit with Leadership Texarkana representatives at the LT Greet and Graze on Wednesday, June 7th from 5-6 PM at Julie’s Deli. RSVP at email@example.com.
LEADERSHIP TEXARKANA is an independent non-profit organization dedicated to engaging and equipping leaders in working together for community excellence, pride and progress. To those ends, Leadership Texarkana dedicates its efforts to educating and developing critical masses of individual leaders throughout the community -representing all demographics of the community at large, as well as to fostering a community culture of effective leadership throughout, as the unifying voice of vision, and the catalyst for effective action alliances through LIFT: the Leadership Initiative for Texarkana. Additional information about Leadership Texarkana can be found at leadershiptexarkana.com.