TEXARKANA, Texas – Texas A&M University-Texarkana has announced 18 recipients of Student Ambassador Scholarships for the fall 2017 semester. This is a record number of scholarship awards for the ambassadors program.
“A&M-Texarkana is fortunate to have the support of many individual, corporate and foundation donors who make opportunities, such as the Student Ambassador Scholarship, a reality for our students,” said LeAnne Wright, associate vice president of University Advancement. “We are excited to welcome another outstanding group of ambassadors this year. They’ve already hit the ground running, and we’re only into the second week of classes.”
Student Ambassador Scholarship recipients include
· Gavin Beach, a junior chemistry major from Duncanville, Texas;
· Daniel Collinsworth, a junior electrical engineering and mathematics major from Burleson, Texas;
· Camryn Davis, a freshman biotechnology major from Helotes, Texas;
· Philip DeRouen, a freshman computer science major from Lafayette, Louisiana;
· Rebekah Drennon, a junior mass communication major from Mineola, Texas;
· Omar Hamzeh, a sophomore business administration major from Frisco, Texas;
· Alexandra Jenkins, a senior mass communication major from Texarkana, Arkansas;
· Stevie Ybarra, a freshman business administration major from Palestine, Texas.