Texarkana USA Chamber of Commerce Joint Texarkana Committee Meeting
Texarkana, USA (February 2, 2018): The Texarkana USA Chamber of Commerce shall hold the next Joint City meeting Tuesday, February 13th, 3:00 PM, at the Ark-Tex Council of Governments, 4808 Elizabeth Street, Texarkana, Texas. The topic for the program shall be Opioids in Texarkana.
Presentations will be made by PreLouise M. Thornell, MSN, MBA, RN, NEBC- CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System, Dr. Robert Bowers- Wadley Regional Medical Center, Dr. Kyle Groom- Texarkana Emergency Center, Dr. Jason Yos-, Neighbors Emergency Center and Rebecca Liles, LMSW, Lead Counselor- Stockton Medical Group of Texarkana.
The committee is composed of the mayor and two members of the governing council or board for Texarkana, Arkansas, and Texarkana, Texas. The purpose of the meeting is to share ideas and discuss common challenges facing both cities. Topics of these meetings have included water resources, the Texarkana Regional Airport and community broadband. Michael Malone, President of the Texarkana USA Chamber of Commerce shall facilitate the meeting. The meeting is open to the public.
The Texarkana USA Chamber of Commerce is a private not for profit membership trade association focusing on community and economic development for the Texarkana region. The Chamber has been a community partner for over 100 years in Bowie and Miller counties. Information on the Chamber and the upcoming meeting is available at 819 North State Line Avenue, Texarkana, Texas or 903-792-7191.
Joint Texarkana Community Committee
February 13, 2018
Ark-Tex Council of Governments
4808 Elizabeth Street, Texarkana, TX
- Welcome – Michael Malone
- Introduction of Attendees
- Explanation of what the committee is and its purpose
- Ground Rules of Orderly Conduct of Business
- Topic of Discussion: Opioids in Texarkana
- Presentation by Texarkana, Arkansas Police Department – Sgt. Scott Megason
- Presentation by Louise M. Thornell, MSN,MBA,RN,NEBC – CHRISTUS St. Michael Health System
- Presentation by Dr. Robert Bowers, Wadley Regional Medical Center
- Presentation by Dr. Kyle Groom, Texarkana Emergency Center
- Presentation by Dr. Jason Yost, Neighbors Emergency Center
- Presentation by Rebecca Liles, LMSW, Lead Counselor, Stockton Medical Group of Texarkana
- Remarks/Questions from Panel
- Public Forum – (if time is available)
- Next Meeting: May 8, 2018; 3:00 pm; Crime