A&M-Texarkana Hosts “Hats and Horses: A Day at the Derby”
TEXARKANA, Arkansas – Eagle Impact, an organization that is committed to working toward student success, academic excellence and community leadership at Texas A&M University-Texarkana, will host its signature fundraiser, “Hats and Horses: A Day at the Derby,” on Saturday, May 5. The event is scheduled from 4:00 p.m. until 7:00 p.m. and will take place at Northridge Country Club.
“Hats and Horses: A Day at the Derby” will feature hors d’oeuvres and two complimentary beverages, a Kentucky Derby watch party, and other derby-themed activities. Attendees are encouraged to wear hats in the spirit of those typically worn by Kentucky Derby patrons.
Tickets are $50 or $40 for members of Eagle Impact. Individuals may purchase a ticket and become a member of Eagle Impact or renew their membership for $75.
The goal of Eagle Impact is to assist A&M-Texarkana in providing the best university experience for its students through support of the Student Life and Athletic programs on campus. The organization was created in 2011 and continues to make a significant impact on the TAMUT campus.
To date, Eagle Impact has
- contributed funding for Texas A&M University-Texarkana Welcome Week.
- established an Eagle Impact endowed scholarship.
- provided general scholarships to aid in student tuition costs.
- funded athletic scholarships to enhance Eagles Athletics.
- funded tennis uniforms for Eagles tennis.
- established weather shelters and a storage building for the A&M-Texarkana soccer field.
- provided a baseball shed for Eagles baseball.
For more information about membership in Eagle Impact and “Hats and Horses: A Day at the Derby,” visit tamut.edu/eagleimpact or contact Courtney Boeckmann at Courtney.Boeckmann@tamut.edu or (903) 223-3057.